Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I have insomnia.

Sometimes I count sheep. Sometimes I try the Crystal Countdown. Sometimes I just count and hope to be asleep before I get too far. Sometimes I actually get up and read or watch TV. I've tried all kinds of pills and just can't get my brain to turn off. A few nights ago, I figured I'd try reciting the alphabet and picturing something related to that letter, whatever fist came to mind, in the hopes that it would keep both sides of my brain busy and it would stop thinking of nonsense. Did it work? No. Not even a little. But I was so amused by the images my brain came up with that I decided to write them down, as best as I can remember...

Apple
Banana
Corn
Dandelion
Ephemera
Feather
Gorilla
Hippopotamus
Indigo
Jackalope
Kangaroo
Lemons
Mango
Nun-chucks
Ostrich
Purple
Quarry
Rucksack
Slime mold
Turtle
Uganda
Victrola
Woodchuck
Xylophone (of course)
Yellow
Zebra (pronounced zeh-bra, because of Weebks)

Any wonder that I didn't sleep?

No comments: