Thursday, October 30, 2008

I would like you to watch something.

If you didn’t get a chance to see this last night, or if you would like to see it again, I would really appreciate it if you would take a few minutes (well, a half hour) out of your day and watch Barack Obama’s televised message.

You may have already made your decision for the election, heck you may even have voted already, but even if you have I think this is really worth the time. You can hear, in his own words, what Barack Obama would like to do for America, where he stands on a couple of key issues that are facing our country. It is a good summary, and a refreshing change from all of the attack ads and blatant lies and derisive air quotes with which we’ve been blasted.



This year’s election is very important, for a variety of issues. I feel very strongly that Barack Obama has the better plans in regards to the economy, health care, taxes, and foreign policy. He understands that medical decisions should be left between patients and doctors. He understands that science and technology are important to our future and worth funding, including stem cell research and a comprehensive energy strategy. Barack Obama has a clear vision for this nation and I like what I see when I look at his plans and what I hear when I listen to him.

Please, take a bit of time and watch what Mr. Obama has to say about our country and his ideas. It doesn’t cost you anything, just a little bit of your time, and you just might learn something and see the candidate in a different light.

This is our moment. Make it count.

Thank you.
-Lauren


Additionally:
Barack Obama on the issues, The New York Times' endorsement, and a Wikipedia list of other endorsements.

No comments: